Reprinted with Thanks from Live Music Ontario
Toronto’s Winterfolk Blues and Roots Music Festival is on Brunswick Ave (Near Spadina and Bloor) in Toronto Feb. 21-24, 2020. It’s an all-ages, mid-winter, weatherproof event, where you’ll find the best of blues, bluegrass, light rock, jazz, country, folk and roots music, emulating a multi-stage rural summer festival.
More than 100 artists will be performing on 5 stages in 2 venues for 3 days of music. The festival will also include special tribute events, an awards ceremony, community stages and various themed musical workshops with something for everyone to enjoy. Venues include The Tranzac Club and The Annex Hotel.
Winterfolk is the ideal event for music-lovers seeking new and exciting things to do in the Toronto.
Winterfolk was formed to entertain, educate, enlighten, engage and encourage our community about various folk music styles including roots, blues, folk and more.
- Winterfolk has no full time employees, and is fueled by an army of volunteers.
- Winterfolk is presented by ‘The Association of Artists for A Better World’, a registered non-profit organization in the Province of Ontario.
- Winterfolk is a member of ‘Folk Music Ontario‘, formerly called the Ontario Council of Folk Festival (OCFF).
- Winterfolk is supported and sanctioned by the Toronto Region BIA (Business Improvement Area).
- Winterfolk programming supports our community, and offers concert stages to new and emerging talent.
- Funds collected from submissions, donations, and other fundraising activities are used towards festival expenses, the majority of which is paid to the artists.
- Winterfolk works within our community with various music organizations to offer them stages at our festival to increase their public visibility and membership, offer exposure for their events, and in general assist them in meeting the goals of their mission statement.
- Winterfolk lists community organizations in our printed program and various forms of promotion.
Some of the performers taking part in Winterfolk each year are valued friends and associates that are covered at Live Music Ontario, through event listings or profiles.
Expect updates on Live Music Ontario with more highlights about Winterfolk, leading up to Feb. 21-23, 2020.