Winterfolk Blues & Roots Festival
Toronto’s Winterfolk Blues and Roots Music Festival is on the Danforth, Feb. 17-19, 2017. It’s an all-ages, mid-winter, weatherproof event, where you’ll find the best of urban, blues, rock, jazz, country, folk and roots music , emulating a multi-stage rural summer festival.
More than 150 artists will be performing at 5 venues over 3 days. The festival will also include special tribute events, an awards ceremony, community stages and various themed musical workshops with something for everyone to enjoy.
Winterfolk is the ideal event for music-lovers seeking new and exciting things to do in the Toronto.
Winterfolk was formed to entertain, educate, enlighten, engage and encourage our community about various folk music styles including roots, blues, folk and more.
- Winterfolk has no full time employees, and is fueled by an army of volunteers.
- Winterfolk is presented by ‘The Association of Artists for A Better World’, a registered non-profit organization in the Province of Ontario.
- Winterfolk is a member of ‘Folk Music Ontario‘, formerly called the Ontario Council of Folk Festival (OCFF).
- Winterfolk is supported and sanctioned by the Toronto Region BIA (Business Improvement Area).
- Winterfolk programming supports our community, and offers concert stages to new and emerging talent.
- Funds collected from submissions, donations, and other fundraising activities are used towards festival expenses, the majority of which is paid to the artists.
- Winterfolk works within our community with various music organizations to offer them stages at our festival to increase their public visibility and membership, offer exposure for their events, and in general assist them in meeting the goals of their mission statement.
- Winterfolk lists community organizations in our printed program and various forms of promotion.